Treasure and Space Coast Radio General Contest Rules Stations: WGYL-FM , WJKD-FM, WOSN-FM, WPHR-FM, WTTB-AM
Contest Rules – 97.1 Ocean FMStation: WOSN-FM (the “Station”)
Website: http://www.wosnfm.com (the "Station Website")
Station Address: 1235 16TH STREET VERO BEACH, FL 32960
Business Telephone: 772-567-0937
Studio/Contest Telephone: 772-567-0937
Vero Beach Broadcasting, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, “The Company”), will conduct the contests substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. The Company may conduct the Contest concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned and not owned by The Company, and in various States, and The Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during the Contest as announced on the affected station.
2. Description of Contest/Participation – For specific contest rules please contact our front office.
3. Prize(s) – If a winner is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. Winner must be present to collect prize at a location designated by station within the allotted time designated by station. Failure to do so will lead to forfeiture of prize. The location and time to pick up prize are non-negotiable. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
4. Eligibility and Limitations – Participants and winner(s) must reside within the Station’s Total Survey Area as defined by Arbitron for the Station and must be U.S. citizens at least 18-years old as determined by the Company. A parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for this contest. Only one (1) prize per household from any of the Company’s stations within any thirty (30) day period. Duplicate entrants will be disqualified. Employees of the Company, this contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
5. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer – If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the” Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800,888,877,866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entries must be handwritten, if required by station. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry from are permitted. The decision of management will be final and undisputable regarding any and all telephone and delivery issues.
6. Publicity – By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
7. Release – By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by The Company.
8. Winner agrees to indemnify and hold forever harmless The Company, Vero Beach Broadcasters, LLC, promotion agencies and their agents, officers, employees, affiliates and assigns for any injuries, accidents, misfortunes, or causes of action arising from or in connection with participation in any contest and/or acceptance of the prize.
9. Any ties, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns regarding The Company contests and/or their associated prizes will be handled by the individual station’s Marketing and Promotions Departments, whose decisions are final and indisputable.
10. If concerts or other ticketed events have been awarded as a prize and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, canceled, or for any other reasons beyond our control does not occur, The Company will not be responsible for replacing the prize.
11. Taxes – Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for the reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from a Station will receive an IRS from 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. Station may also require a W-9 form to be filled out by winner fro prizes under $600
12. Decisions – The Company reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Further, the Company will resolve any disputes or ambiguities concerning the rule and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
13. Miscellaneous – Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Purchase does not increase odds of winning. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. The Company may substitute prizes of equivalent value, amend the rules or discontinue the contest at any time as announced on the station. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of this contest. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the station and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope. Station requires that all winners from said giveaway/contest must supply appropriate ID, social security number and other information required by the station.
14. Event Contests - Unless otherwise stated, any contest conducted at a facility where a paid admission is required, may be entered at The Company prior to the event or through a station representative at the event without any paid consideration to enter the event; The Company must be notified by telephone or in writing no less than 24 hours prior to such contest/event to facilitate staffing for such purposes. Contests conducted at facilities with an age requirement of 21 years of age or older, shall exclude participants who cannot prove they meet the age requirement.
15. Website contests – Listeners may also register to win prizes on The Company websites. Winners of the various contests are chosen randomly from all eligible entries. The Company is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches. All on-line entries must be filled out completely. The Company reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any kind.
16. The Company retains the right to amend these rules and regulations at any time for any reason.
17. Compliance with Law – The conduct of this contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the contest, etc. as required by local and state law.